- © private
Ulrieke (“Rieke”) Frey
- 1979-84: Piano studies (M.F.A.) with Prof. Christoph Back at the Academy of Music, Mannheim-Heidelberg
- 1984-86: Postgraduate studies (on a DAAD scholarship) in Music Therapy at the Psychologisches Institut, the Mozarteum and the Orff-Institut, Salzburg (Austria)
- since 1980: Over twenty years of experience as a piano teacher at various music schools in the Heidelberg region as well as privately in Berlin (from 2001)
- 1987-92: Many years of experience as a music therapist for children and adolescents at various music schools in the Heidelberg region
- 1987-1990: Advanced training in transactional analysis with Arlene Moore
- 1993-2000: Studies of Musicology and Art History at the Freie Universität Berlin
- 2011: Qualified as a natural health practitioner (Heilpraktikerprüfung)
- since 2012: Private practice for sound therapy and process-focussed body psychotherapy and furthermore independent practice as a piano teacher in Berlin
- since 2013: Further education in process work after A. & A. Mindell.
For me, free improvisation is a sensitive mirror of an individual’s current mood, freedom and vitality. As a creative process, improvising challenges me to take up continually residence at the edge between the known and the unknown, the intended and the unintended.
In my piano lessons improvisation plays an important role as a boundless opportunity for my students to discover and enhance their individual access to music. Including the entire piano sound-space from the very beginning of an individual’s piano education improvisation allows the pupil to track and literally grasp all facets of music in a playful manner.
For further informations see https://klavierunterricht-neukoelln.de/en/